Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Countdown to the New Year and an Old You

I'm counting down to 2014 with with the top ten ways I know I'm getting old. 


Ten!
My favorite books are older than the people to whom I want to recommend them.

Nine!
I had to ask my boss for help with Facebook.

Eight!
I can manage to reach down to the floor in one smooth movement, but it takes three awkward movements and several pops and cracks before I can get up again. And I tried to do something else on the floor while I was down there. Possibly clean something. But probably not.

Seven!
When I saw a woman approach a young man and whisper "Do you know your pants are falling down, honey?" I actually thought "You go girl!"

Six!
My cat was born before the people who graduated high school this summer.

Six point five!
My medicine cabinet has actual medicine in it.

Five!
I still own a VCR. In fairness, I can't remember the last time I used it, but I do still have it. And two tapes from 1987 full of 21 Jump Street episodes. Why else would I still have it?

Four!
I thought my eyes had a lovely new shine to them until I realized it was my progressive lenses.

Four point five!
When someone says we're meeting at 10, I no longer assume that means 10pm.

Three!
People have started to tell me that I've already told them that story.Which I kind of remembered having told, but I couldn't remember to who.

Two!
My favorite television station is no longer MTV but HGTV.

Two point Five!
I start a blog entry in 2013, intending for it to be the last of the year, but end up finishing it in 2014.

Oooooonnnnnnneeeee!
When I open my web browser to entertainment news, I don't know who half of the people being mentioned are or recognize most of the names. Nor do I care.

Happy New Year!

PS: I would have listed my affinity for going to Target rather than to a local bar or dance club, but I think Target is the place to be no matter how old you are. Or is that just another sign that I'm getting old?

No comments:

Post a Comment